12.01.2006

And so it is the shorter story; no love, no glory, no hero in her scars.

Jesus, it's been a long time since I posted on this website. I mostly stick to the Myspace & Livejournal for my ramblings now.

It's odd to see where I was in my life with those angsty words.

Where am I now, in early December of 2006?

I'm employed as a Customer Service Rep. at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield ((Medicare)). I finally got back on the phones, a type of job that I had missed most direly. I don’t know where
I stand in the light of this company, but I know that I am good at what I do. I can only put in everything that I have and try to advance myself where any advancement exists.

I have the cutest possible apartment imaginable to me, and I’m slowly working it into something that is entirely my own. It is affordable with the most important utilities included. It’s not in the greatest area in the city, but I haven’t been bothered by any of the ‘zones’ wonderful residents. My building is quiet and even though one of the biggest crimes in Manchester occurred blocks from me, there doesn’t seem to be any immediate danger at any point in time. I’ve lived in Manchester practically my whole life, I feel I can handle myself.

I’m single, and have found at least contentment with it. Wwes drops by once or twice every few weeks and I fulfill that instinctual need for affection. He leaves, and I am single and free to the world once again. It can be a lonely thing sometimes, but mostly, I take it for what it is. Wwes and I will never have a healthy, blame-free relationship, but we retain a nearly unbreakable bond. Until I find a man worth completely leaving him for, in mind and body, I’ll continue on with the way we’ve been going.

My cousin Ashley is going to attend the Tech here in the fall, and if all goes as planned she will be moving in with me come summer. The quarters will be pretty tight, but as long as we can find common ground we’ll be fine and I could definitely use the company.

The hope I have is that living with me will be good for her. I’m going to try and help remedy the increasingly Tiffany/Jen-ish ways of her young life and get her to take a little break from the heartbreak of speed-dating (and relying on the hearts of irresponsible boys). I know I can’t change the way she reacts in the company of men, but maybe I can help her a little bit. I know she’s desperately searching for guidance and self-control.

My life is simple but complicated. I want to do more and I want to be more, but I am okay with the direction I’m going in. I’d really like to get back to the art thing, and maybe writing; creativity is an important element for me. It’s definitely been worse, and I can’t think of many points in my life that have been truly ‘better’.

No comments: