4.17.2007

Dear Katherine:

Thank you for your interest and the time you spent discussing the position of Customer Service Center Representative in the Customer Service Call Center.

Your background and qualifications have been carefully reviewed. Having completed the review and the interview process, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to remain in our active candidate pool and will be considered for future openings.

Again, thank you for your interest in PSNH and we hope to be contacting you soon.


I've been waiting for the contacting you soon part of this deal for about a week. I was overly optimistic about this email when it first opened, and after a week of waiting, it's made me a lot more pessimistic. Before I interviewed, the Human Resources lady told me that I had to be 'chosen for the pool' in order to get the job.

I've been chosen for the pool. Woo hoo, and all that. The problem is that every minute that passes without word is another minute of my brain cells destroyed in angsty worry. I need this job, but not only that, I want this job. It's Katie's golden egg, her saving grace... the possibility of a life. On top of my issues of the moment, this 'pool' thing might be weighing on me heaviest of all.

I mean, I'm trying to be more positive about it, and to not think about it in general. Got any advice?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I think you should just keep at it, keep looking. I know that waiting stinks but if you really need the opportunity, make one happen, don't sit around waiting for it to. If only my husband listened to me. ;)

Good luck!

The Children's Barn Store said...

Thanks! Well, at the very least I have a guaranteed job in June.

It's just about waiting in between, or getting the better job possibly sooner. There aren't many good call center jobs in the area, so that is where my real issues is.

I am looking, however, and thanks for the advice!