5.02.2007

You're a dancing queen.
Feel that beat from the tambourine.

I have a story to tell you. It's set at my aunts house, about a year ago, on a warm Saturday night. My loud little elder and I were hanging around and bored out of our skulls.

She looked at me. I looked at her. She had an idea, and it struck her like a match hitting gasoline.

"LET'S GO OUT! TO A CLUB!"

Umn, okay. It was an idea, but I wasn't feeling very bouncy. I didn't bite until she suggested 'THE UPTOWN', one of the seediest bars in Manchvegas. I thought, what the hell. It was interesting enough to chill at a dive bar with the aunt. Maybe I'd get into one of the infamous cat fights and get kicked out with a blood alcohol level of .1000. It could happen, right?


PHOTO OP! The aunt & I are headed for the bar.
It's on like Donkey Kong.



We skiddadled to 'THE UPTOWN' in a rather tiresome fashion. Sipped on Coronas. Got bumped into by men who looked to have just arrived in the country and found the first place that would let them in. Held our skulls with the pain caused by cheap woofers. Watched dirty drunken gals waddle around on a dirty floor, attempting a thing that some may loosely term dancing. It was nearly as boring as sitting in front the boob tube, but with beer.


I cannot possibly describe how hot this makes me.


I spotted a boy near me who looked curiously familiar.

I played the "ABCEFG who the hell are you to me?" game in my head, until he said a little hello.... it hit me. He was a boy at West High School that I had thought of as vile. He irked me to the point that I would do and say mean things just to keep him from hanging out at my lunch table. There was something about the way he spoke, dressed and acted that got under my skin.

Yet, something in the boy standing in front of me, chatting me up, had changed. He was hot. Not just attractive, but sure of himself. Like he had grown a shiny new set of balls. He'd gone into the military and had come out a man, a man that seemed genuinely interested in me.

My aunt came along, decidedly annoyed with the club, and dragged me home. I remember that as I was leaving, I felt like I was walking away from something interesting. I regretted not swapping numbers with him. It took a couple months, but I tracked down his Myspace and left a message. And, now, nearly a year later, we've made plans to meet up.

I'm nervous about it because it has been so long, and I don't know if what I saw will still be there. I suppose I'm nervous for a million different reasons, but I have to get over it.

I thought I should tell you about this, because you are my nearest and dearest friend. Nobody in the real world listens to me like you do. Thank you for being so understanding, dear fake people.


I was so disturbed by this that it was only
appropriate to share it with you. Enjoy.




*UPDATE* I started talking to him, and it turns out that he has a girl friend. Yes, just my luck. I know. The guy from the restaurant hasn't called with plans, and I must wait a week to call him back for the sake of not seeming pushy. My love life has all but dissipated.... pathetically. Please, somebody give me a hug.

No comments: