5.17.2007

I'd sell my first born to the the devil himself...


To get a job at this place....


I'm on a temp assignment at a business called Autodesk.





Apparently Autodesk is a major designer of software, quite possibly the major designer of software on the market. The Manchvegas office designs products that assist architechts. The office in Montreal is the most notable because they're the makers of CGI software, used by all of the big guys... such as Disney and Pixar, the 'Spiderman' and 'King Kong' movies, and all types of television commercials.

Before I came to replace an employee, I was not aware of this. I thought that Autodesk was some kind of technical support type place, somehow IT related, because every job I have seen posted was along those lines.

My point to this whole shpeal is to outline the type of company I'm in before I hit you with the big stuff.

The employees here bring their dogs to work. You heard me right. DOGS.

I've seen a black labrador, the sassy little dude from 'Men in Black', a fluffy golden retriever pup, a hotdog dog, and the ugliest poodle on planet Earth. All chillaxin around their owners cubicle.

The funny thing is that I have not yet heard a yelp, snarl or bark from any of the dogs. Not one. I don't know if all the employees have Stepford-ed their pets, but it's starting to freak me out.


Not only that, but I opened the refrigerator in my department to find it fully stocked with beer. All kindsa beer. I must've opened and closed the doors a hundred times, only to come back to Heinies and Buds. Where am I, in Amsterdam? What's next, are they going to start passing around some Mary J?

I'd like to stick around and find out. It doesn't seem that implausible at this point.

I'm not saying I want to work here because of such reasons... I don't actually own a dog and I don't know how well I'd deal with customers whilst boozed up. But, if the company rocks this much on the surface, it's got to be even better on the gooey inside.


You are feeling veeewy sleepy.

It's okay. I'm a licensed hypnotist. Go with it.

No comments: