2.14.2007

The cat came back, we thought she was a goner, but she just couldn't stay away.



As I have prophecized, Anthem offered me a position.

I'm scared to death.

What is there to be scared of? Several things. First of all, I have to make sure that my official application will pass inspection. It's an obvious hump to get over because of what happened with Oxford. If the same thing happens to me, I may be taking a dive off the Merrimack bridge. I have no excuse, I was able to fill it out at home and with references. The next and most important nail biting problem is more of a general one.

I made it in the door without Kelly Services or any other temp agency. Congrats to me, la-te-da and all of that. But am I going to make it? I haven't worked in general Customer Service, so I don't know the atmosphere. I've heard that the class is difficult but the work isn't bad. I know I have to act more professional than what is natural to me. I have to kiss ass a little bit, and talk less about my life and opinions... maybe go ahead and buy the book "How to win friends and influence people". Gah.

It's going to be really awkward to work just below Medicare. It's going to be worse seing those bastards around, especially Mai. Especially everyone that has talked behind my back. I really don't want to speak to any of them. I hate the idea that I'll be another topic of conversation for them, particularly the question of how long I'm going to last.

So far, my goal has been to prove them wrong. I'm going to do it. I may have started this poker game with nothing but bad hands, but I see high cards in my future. Goddamnit.

No comments: