3.12.2007

Sooner or later we're done.

I feel so disconnected from my life.

I've been looking for a change.

I'm on the cusp of wanting to be somewhere different, doing something different.

I have a friend, Jackie, and she's been in America for 8 months. She's from Puerto Rico and has been feeling home sick. She explained that she wakes up every day and thinks "What am I doing in this place? I don't belong here."

I can relate.

Yet I don't have a 'home' anywhere but Exeter. As much as I'd love to live in that area, I can't imagine myself in that fishbowl of a town. I've thought about Portsmouth, because it's beautiful and more urban. I'd need to be a non-pedestrian and I don't quite have the means to do that.

The rent thing and the job thing is killing me. I need to work as a Telephone CSR. It's the job that makes me happy and there don't seem to be any opportunities left in Manchester.

I really like my current temp job at U.S. Cellular- the people ROCK and the work is easy and somewhat fun.

I feel like it would have been the perfect job 3 years ago.

What options do I have? The Ashley situation isn't 100 % even as her graduation and summer creeps closer, and I think I could get out of the lease I'm in. Either way, it's up in July and I could make my final decision at that point.

I don't have much past that.

I'm getting tired of living a life I feel I don't belong in. I wish I had a Puerto Rico.

Well, when Ashley possibly moves in with me come June-ish, she's going to help me get my license. After I work that out, I hope to have a game plan.

Maybe I'll choose Portsmouth, or Boston, or something else.

Only time will tell.

No comments: