3.13.2007

Watch it as the stars disappear to nothing, when the world is over.

I bought the second season of Gray's Anatomy ((currently my favorite show EVER.)) At the end of an episode, Meredith Gray begs the question "What would you do if you knew this was your last day on Earth?"

That got my brain tickin'.
God help me when that happens.
Here's my list.



That's right, I said it.

1. Listen to every Dave Matthews song ever recorded. In fact, as I'm dying, I want it to be my soundtrack. Which song? The Stone, I guess. Or, When The World Ends might be more death appropriate. Either way, it's impossible for me to feel less than euphoric around such music. By the way, it is important to have a good death soundtrack.




Amsterdam. All the Mary-J and prostitutes I could ask for. Oh, and Rembrandt. Yes, Rembrandt.

2. Travel. I know this doesn't sound logistically possible, but I've never gone anywhere. I don't want to die without having a memory outside of New England. Also, I don't want to die in some foreign place. So maybe I'd hold up a jet pilot or something. I'm going to need a good game plan because I don't want to die in some foreign jail. This whole death thing is getting pretty complicated.




(insert holy chorus here) "Ahhh!"

3. Go to a church and try really really hard to believe in God and Heaven and all that. The Atheist in me hates this idea, but I really don't think it could hurt if I tried. My whole shpeal has been that I can't believe either for or against religion. If I'm going to die, I'll attempt the former.




Mmm. The power of cheese.

4. Rob a bank. Steal a television set, the biggest one I can find. Break into a museum and take some idiotic existential abstract piece, Mission Impossible style. I realize that if I effectively convince myself that there is a God and there is a heaven, this will immediately disqualify me. However, I've heard in some beliefs that you don't go to Hell if you apologize and mean it.
Let me just say in advance, I'm very sorry for doing this.




The better to eat you with, my dear *lobster*.



5. Eat every type of food I've never tried. These would be meals that I've always kind of wanted to test but never had the opportunity stare me in the face. Thai, Sushi, Ruben Sandwich, Lobster *the whole thing, without throwing up*, Calamari, Chocolate Covered Ants, Roasted Chestnuts, Authentic New York Pizza, and Soul Food *items like Chitlins and Pig's Feet*, etc, etc.

The thought just creeped into my head that if I eat all of those things, my autopsy is going to be pretty ghastly. It's sort of like wearing clean underwear in case of an accident. If I know I'm going to die, it's seems tacky to fill up my gut so that my undertaker has a work load to sift through. Diaretics, perhaps?!

1 comment:

sourpatchbaby said...

I want in too! Put down, backpack through europe. Only, instead of backpacking, we drive. And instead of europe, europe.