5.23.2007

Some kinda sign?

I talked to my buddy Heidi about my enthusiaticly idealistic move to Boston and she sounded a bit skeptical.

But then she hit me with the fact that she had just gotten off of the phone with her father, who asked her to move to Lowell. She hadn't considered it before, but life hasn't been easy on her lately. The job market stinks for her, she's also looking at eviction and equally tired with Manch-antics. We're practically twins in Manchester suckage.

She said that she'd seriously consider moving to Lowell with me. I'd have a friend! Lowell has a train that goes into Boston everyday, and it's own plethera of jobs. My george, it could work! It could really work.

Heidi will be a tough cookie to push in the right direction because of the very bastardly man that has a hold over her... but if she does decide to move with me, it could be the best thing that ever happened to both of us. I could live with her and help her out until she found a good daycare arrangement and I found a kick-ass job. We could be eachothers network.


12 comments:

sourpatchbaby said...

I'm sorry if I may sound disgusting first thing in the morning. But that jumping thing looks like a jumping poop. The long ones....

The Children's Barn Store said...

I think it's supposed to be a sausage.... but I always liked that talking poo on South Park. Wooorks for mua ♥

The Children's Barn Store said...

By the way, Heidi is a Heidi you know very well.

sourpatchbaby said...

Is it the same girl that I had the dream about? The one that made out with my boyfriend when I was on my deathbed?

The Children's Barn Store said...

I have a pretty good memory, but I have no recollection of this dream of yours.

Okay, I guess I just realized maybe you only know OF her, but something made me think you knew her well... Probably because she was big in the Spanish crowd and knows all the same people we know.

sourpatchbaby said...

You know very well that the only spanish people I knew were Daisy (is she in jail by now?) and my family. You know very well that I only hung out with katie and katie approved people which just happened to be katie.

The Children's Barn Store said...

Well, I know you know more people than Daisy *I don't think she's in jail, but I haven't seen her in a couple years* *I became good friends with her (normal-ish) sister, Diane, who I also haven't seen in forever*

I mean, how in george's name did you survive in Manchester without me?! I guess I figured you would have gotten to know her at some point, since she hung out at Elmwood n' stuff like that.

I like that. "katie approved people which just happened to be katie."

The Children's Barn Store said...

The last time I saw crazy D, she was at Michael's School of Hair Design.... Just being Daisy.

I'm pretty sure she's a rainbow chick now, if you catch my drift.

Laurie said...

that is very cool. hope it works out for you gals.

The Children's Barn Store said...

Thanks! It seems I'm really going to have to give Heidi the push, 'cause she wants to do it, but I've been getting the *too scared to take that step* vibe.

Either way, I'm going to get there. With or without a network.

sourpatchbaby said...

Didn't she drop out of skool to get her GED to become a social worker?

The Children's Barn Store said...

Yes, she dropped outta school and did get her GED... but not to be a Social Worker as far as I know, but I can ask...